Saturday, May 16, 2009

A Journey of change

Recently I was asked to post some pictures of what I look like now after losing 54 lbs. I have wanted to make this post for sometime. I am excited to post today. I feel amazing !!

This long journey of weightloss and health along with discovering who I can be and what I am worth started a year ago back in February 2008.
Little did I know what the Lord was about to help me uncover. It started with a trip to tennessee, a book and my heart being open to what the Lord was going to say to me.

I read ... yes friends, I read a book and finished it!! Whoo hoo

Any who... back to my story. As I opened the pages of this book, that were about to open a new door inside my soul. I realize now it was the beginning of a new freedom. I have for so long struggled with my weight. I have been having babies for the last 12 years and have been on a constance roller coaster of weight gain & weightloss.

As I read "captivating" I pondered a lot, cried, looked deep inside, and did a lot of praying. I discovered through these pages that who I was, was not, who I was fully embracing. I wanted change but wasn't fully aware how I was going to get there. Dries prayed with me and encouraged me to find the way. As the months passed I started to reveal and heal wounds. As September approached I received an amazing freedom that I have never experienced before. The grace that covered me in that time was one of being set free from a dark place inside me that I thought was done being healed many years before. A place I had just seen as who I once was.

In my new freedom I experienced and have discovered a new way that I am loved, beautiful, filled with purpose, worthy of loving myself and have been designed to love. This weightloss has been more then eating the right foods and working out. It has been about searching and having God heal my soul. I have learned so much and believe it has changed me forever!!

The pictures below are me once I lost 12 lbs and weighed in at 210lbs a size 18 to my weightloss to now, weighing in at 166 and a size 8/10. Thank you to all who have supported me through this amazing change and continue to cheer me on!! I hope to be an inspiration to anyone who wants to discover that inside ourselves there is so much more to who they may see in the mirror. Weightloss is not the only battle I have but I do believe it's a change that can be made to become more of who I am designed to be. I am not at my complete physical goal but I have passed my 1st 2 goals and now making new ones. That feels so rewarding. The right choices, educating myself, listening, say no, working hard and being free has brought me to a fit, fun & fabulous, feeling inside myself!!

Thank you to my amazing Savior who has set me free by his grace and deep love for me. My husband who loves me so deeply to pour God's grace over me. The support of Dries has been one of words I can't describe in how they have made this change so rewarding!!


May 16th 09: I am wearing a size medium tank (jr's size), a size 8 pair of capri's, and weigh in at 166lbs. I feel good in my skin. I do have a little more to go till I reach my goal but I am in the midst of achieving it!! It is possible and it's happening~


Cabo June 08 with my hubby... weighing 210lbs, a size 18. I had lost 12lbs before the cruise... but new there was so much more... I wanted to do this!! I look at this picture and can't believe how far I have come. I felt soooo uncomfortable taking this picture. I am glad I have it now~ It is rewarding to see how far I have come. I still have "awe" moments that I don't feel or look that way anymore!! I am a new women~

4 comments:

*Chic Provence* said...

that's cool!

What was the book you read?

good luck on your journey!

Natalie said...

The book was called " captivating" by John & Staci Eldredge.

Heather said...

Nice picture, Natalie!

Congrats on the book completion too :)

Love you lots!

ophelia said...

Congradulations to you! Job well done-took alot of self disciple on your part. You look great.
The pics are funny and wonderful.
Just to let you know I am Johanna, one of your mothers oldest and best friends.I know you since you were born - and you look beautiful.
All grown up and doing a great job with your life!
What an inspiration!
Warmth and Light,
Johanna