Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Finger licking good



Okay my friends. I thought I would share with you a new favorite cookie recipe. 

If you know me I love to make and eat chocolate chip cookies from scratch. Well I have one more ingredient to add. What goes better with chocolate then peanut butter. Well actually I know lots of things go good with chocolate but a family favorite in the pruis house is chocolate and peanut butter. I thought I would pass this recipe on to you all. I hope you bake with the kids.. even despite the mess that comes. Annalyse was covered in peanut butter after our baking time but well worth the pictures and fun she had as she dipped into the peanut butter. 
Oh,  I didn't use the peanut butter she was eating!!

Before you think I came up with the recipe I took it from a friend who found it on a website.

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter ( we used chunky)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/4 cup flour ( I used a little more for more fluff )
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup of chocolate chips 

Preheat oven to 375 degrees
mix butter, peanut butter, and sugars  until light
Add egg and mix until fluffy
Mix dry ingredients together in a seperate bowl. After, add to wet ingredients.
Bake for 10-12 minutes

If you like big cookies you can roll them into about 1 1/2 golf ball size balls. You will get plump thick cookies. TOO GOOD!! Enjoy every bite but remember to share with the kids too.




No comments: