Thursday, October 16, 2008

A Mommy fun day







I don't know about any of you but sometimes I feel all I do is laundry, meals ( Yes ladies I have been cooking dinner almost every night... but I am including breakfast and Lunch too), kids maintaince, homework with kids and all the duties that we get as part of being mom. I can be a mom who goes through the motions everyday. With 4 kids I feel my days becoming consumed with anything but " fun." Now don't get me wrong. I love the blessing I have to be home everyday with my kids but the honest truth is I can go through each day with out feeling "I" did something "FUN " with my kids. I don't want to take away from park days or playdates but that is providing fun time for them to play but not FUN time with Mom! Not sure if anyone can relate but I am proud to say that I got out of that slump and have had a FUN craft day with my girls!!

So today, I was inspired by my very creative friend. She has this great way of doing lots of fun things with her kids. She inspires me quit often.. (you know who you are.. and if you don't you will know after this.) She posted a blog last week about how she painted pumpkins with her kids. At first it may not sound like much. You none crafty friends, or clean freaks might object to this  kind of fun but... after experiencing painting pumpkins with my girls today. It was the funniest, little, easiest, cheap, messy, and creative project I have done with my girls in sometime. It is also a cute decor for the season my kids can be proud of. The boys were in school today so they missed out but the girls painted pumpkins for them. 

We gathered our supplies: paint& brushes (little stencil paints & brushes I never use anymore) Two of daddies old tshirts, (I should have wore one too with all the splat painting I did to my pumpkin), and a table cloth (which my lovely daughter Alayna got out.. "so we didn't get the table messy" she said) And our pumpkins. I found 2 kinds of pumpkins at food maxx in the produce section. So we were ready!!

 We put a little water in our paint to get it to go on a little lighter and not so thick. We were all excited to start. We picked 5 colors. And the creative juices just started flowing. As you can see you don't have to be crafty for something to look cute!! Definently a fun new little activity for me and at least the girls to do together. Maybe next time we will wait for the boys to come home next time... or not!

Well not much more to say then that I had a blast laughing with my girls. Watching them be creative and I wasn't freaking out about the mess at all because the paint cleaned up easy with water and soap.

What a wonderful fun mommy day.. and I did grocery shop, do a load of laundry and still make dinner. Not boasting just excited I accomplished a lot and HAD FUN TOO!!


1 comment:

Heather said...

I've been meaning to say, "Welcome to the blogging world!"

I'm glad you had fun. Your pumpkins came out a lot cuter than ours :)