Saturday, December 13, 2008

15 down.. 35 more to go

28 days ago I didn't think I would be here!
I stand on the scale at 15 pounds less then I started 28 days ago. I look back on this last month and think of all the obstacles that have been thrown my way. Yes, I say throw because they all came in like they were being thrown at my body some how. I started my 1st week with a visit from aunt flo a whole 5 days early. I pushed through and made it through that week 8 lbs lighter. I then left the next week with excitement to spend 5 fun days with my family in the mountains. Little did I know it would end in strep throat .. my most hated sickness ever!! Then after finishing my meds... losing another 6 lbs. I got hit with a fun womanly infection caused by those lovely meds and then my good old Aunt flo decided to fly in on her jet plan two days later 4 days early !!

I must share that if you can ever be discouraged to just give up and go back to your old ways this would be it but I am so glad to say I stuck it out. I only had about 6 days that I didn't eat right due to that lovely sickness of strep!! Due to being stuck in the mountains with no meds for two days it definitely slowed my body down a little but I did still loose a pound that week!!

I know the scale does not tell all.. so you must go to the closet. When I put my clothes on and have to cinch my belt 3 loops tighter and can wear shirt I haven't felt comfortable in for sometime... I am proud to know I did it finally!! My promise I made to myself is one I didn't break. It feels so good to sit here and sing celebration !!

I started with a promise, I would give 6 days... now 29 days later it is not just a habit but a new way I am choosing to live and eat. When I look in the mirror and know my hard work has paid off. I am so motivated to keep going. My goal of 50 lbs by May 2009 ... 30 & fit and not 30 & fat!! It is possible to see my goal in reach. A new way of life in the process so rewarding as well.

Sacrifice means a deeper meaning to me as I have gone through this time. I am feeling held deeply in this time knowing my sacrifice is pleasing to not just me but my Lord. I am a creation of his not just to sit around and indulge but one to live a life that is full. I am full !! Thank you Lord for holding my hand through each day and choice I made. AMEN!!

No comments: