Saturday, December 13, 2008

I will give

This morning I had a chance to think deeply about all the blessings of my life. One being the shoes on my feet I wear everyday. The many shoes I get to choose from. My slippers in the morning.. because it is so cold... My gym shoes, my dress shoes, my casual shoes, a few pair of flips flops ect... As a shoe lover, I too often take for granted the blessing I have to be able to put shoes on my kids feet everyday.

When we were in Mexico this last October I remember looking down at the kids feet at the work camp we visited. There most of the kids had NO shoes. I was sad to think that they run around all day with no protection from all they are exposed to. I thought how would you be able to provide shoes for little ones and their parents who work all day in the feilds.

Well, I found my answer. This morning I took not more then 3 minutes of my day and $15 to donate 6 pairs of shoes. ( the link is on the right). I thought to myself that I would show my kids what little we can do and how great of a blessing it can be to 6 people somewhere else in the world. The 6 of us have more then 6 shoes. I wanted them to remeber what we saw when we were in mexico. Now that we are how the impact doesn't have to stop. We can still give !

I don't know if you have 3 minutes, $5 to give... for 2 pairs of shoes this year. I think I wear more then two pair of shoes a day!! They also cost more then $2.50 a piece. 

Luke 6:38
Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

I feel so blessed and running over. I want to listen, hear and do what the Lord is telling me to do for his people. Those he loves... those who he sent his precious christmas gift for too! 

Blessings 


No comments: