Tuesday, December 23, 2008

He is holding our hand

Have you ever felt so in wonder of what Christmas will bring you. I have been in wonder this Christmas. Not for what would be under my tree but I wanted my gift to be about seeing and then being able to do. I struggle so much everyday to be the mom I want and desire to be. I make horrible mistakes I find myself apologizing for in my day to my precious kids. I have been praying for this part in me to be changed from a mom who feels impatience or frustrated by my kids... to one who is able to listen, respond, cry more, hug more, kiss more, say yes more, discipline with love not impatience. My prayers are being answered as I read more, listen more, take in more .... so I can be the one my Lord has designed me to be. A woman who is full ! 

I loved this Christmas card (one of my blogger friends in Nashville) posted on her blog today. This brought tears to my eyes as I remembered I am not alone in this. My Jesus is walking alongside me as I raise, nurture, care for, pour into my kids. Isn't is a beautiful picture? I can't see God but I know he is holding my hand every step of the way.


Recently, Alayna asked me if I have ever seen Jesus. I told her no, I have never seen him. She then asked me how do I know He is real. ( my kids always have such deep questions) I told her that sometimes it is not what we can see but what we believe. The conversation ended there but I know more will be asked later. I loved this picture because I believe this is what reminds of how to believe!
In a time of year where celebration, hope, joy,  or even tears, sadness,  and emptiness are felt. Jesus brings us himself. My Jesus is walking with me and you this Christmas season. I hope you know He is there holding us even if we can't see him!!

Prayers of blessings... of hope and love to each of you as we each find our gift and receive this
Merry CHRISTmas 

LOve to you All!



No comments: