Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Seven days of prayer

I pray for my kids daily. Sometimes I know for myself I can let that be something that happens during the day as I see something to pray for. I also know that I can be so consumed with the to do list, the crazyness of my house, the kids and their needs, academics and places to be. I can get overwhelmed and forget my desire to be more of a mom who is filled with the concerns of the heart of each of my kids. I now have a junior higher who is changing everyday. He will be entering the world of teens soon. I know that this brings lots of pressure. I pray for him as he leaves my car for school and when he rests. I do this for my other 3 little ones.. or so they still feel little. I know that my time with each of them goes so fast. I can make those days count and put my focus on my prayers for them as we go through our daily motions.

I do believe I can have enough in me to pray over them as they grow before me. I am not saying that those prayers are not valued that I pray now. I know they are I just see so much more that I can do through my prayers for them. I just didn't know where to start.

Recently I have read this blog. It has given me the tools I wanted. I am loving it!
If you are not a mom but some day will have children or have little ones around you. Join me in this!! Our prayers are heard and impact the heart of our children.
Let me know if you will be joining me. It does take a little to do but is a little something that impacts their hearts. The Lord wants our hearts to be for him.



(click on the link & it will direct you to this blog)

I would love to know if you will be joining me along with moms all over as we pray for our children!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I read the same post awhile back. Seems to be a good place to start. While I pray for our kids everyday, its hard to break out of a routine and ask more of God than a simple blessing.

Thanks for passing on the encouragement.

XOXO
H