Friday, November 21, 2008

Losing It!!

The last 6 days have been hard, amazing,challenging, rewarding, crazy... well lots of words can describe what they have been like. Why? Little did I know that on Saturday evening the 16Th when I decided to make a 6 day commitment to change did I know it would end in the results I new were possible. I believed that I could see results if I changed but did not know the reward would be so great.

I have seen in my life it is with discipline that you see results. Last week I heard such wise words that brought me to a place where I was ready to commit to a tough challenge. One I was not willing to do a day before this. Coming to this place where I could "believe it was possible" even though I didn't know the result. Making a promise that for 6 days I would commit to sticking to changes.
What changes.. Changes to the way I eat. If you would have asked me a week ago if I was willing to change the way I ate I would have told you No! Why? because I wasn't willing to make the change to get results I really desire to see in myself.

I want to see results but I wasn't willing to be disciplined enough to see the results I know are possible. I have a dear friend who I am tremendously grateful to that I have been inspired by to see that it is possible. Possible to set your mind to be disciplined to change. She has made some good changes and has seen tremendous results, feels great and looks wonderful.

I have prayed for a number of years that I would be a woman who was changeable. I want to be molded into what the Lord has designed me to be. I know we can only tackle certain changes that need to take place in our lives when we want to see and be willing. Over the last year I have seen the change needed but not fully willing. I offered only some of myself to change. I wanted to be more fit and loose all this weight "I" have gained but was not willing to take a step in a direction of real change.

What is different now is that I believe I have seen, listened, prayed, desired and I AM WILLING to change. I know this change is not easy. My hardest moment was taking the leap to believe it was possible for me to eat in a way that can change the way I look and feel.

Looks are not everything, I know this but I also know that when I have let myself make choices that I knew were not the ones that I would love myself for tomorrow. Then I also know that the woman in the mirror is not the beauty that God created. Please don't get me wrong when I say that My God does not see me as beautiful. I know he does. I am his creation. My realization is that how I am taking care of his creation is not pleasing to me or him. I have let myself make bad choices in the foods I eat for too long. I have had 4 babies in 11 years. I know what happens to the body, your mind, your emotions and time. I also know that we all have seasons when we are ready.

Well my friends!! I am ready to change this body for the better of my God's creation. I know that I can serve him fat or skinny but the way I serve him looks different when I am living in discipline to myself. I am not living in the now but in the long term effect of my decisions. The choices I make please me and him at the end of the day.

How is 8 lbs in 7 days possible. It is with discipline, a healthy plan of eating, exercise and a desire to know that change in me is possible. I am not a dieter but I do know that I have what it takes to see the Natalie on the outside that I see on the inside. My heart has been changed through surrendering my wants. I now am taking a step in changing. I had to get my head around this all because it meant for me to make some big changes for myself but I am doing it.

I have shared with many of you what this is and what it has been doing for me. I would love to share more with you all if you wish. Please comment and I will send any info you wish.
Thank you for reading all of this because I know it is long. I love you all & thank each one of you out of there supporting me through this time. I am so thankful that my sweet husband stands by my side as I take this time to put energy into being healthy and fit before I am 30 !!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I'm proud of you! I know this hasn't been easy for you so far and even though challenges may lie ahead, but you have the willpower and that's huge.

XOXO,
H